Just the Wrong Size


So today I had a go at printing out my designs. Above you can see the result. And I’d made a mistake that I’ve made before. I made the holes exactly the same size as the things intended to fit into them.

Do. Not. Do. This.

Of course they don’t fit. One thing just sits on top of the other looking exactly the same. Wah. I did think I could solve the problem by filing a bit off. Not a win.Turns out that PLA is actually quite tough stuff. After about ten fruitless minutes and quite a bit of pain (who knew you could get splinters from plastic things) I gave up and went back to the software. The good news is that I just have to tweak a couple of values and rebuild everything. I’ve even added a feature where objects can cut holes in the entire finished piece, so that the SD card and the screen can cut slots for themselves.