I spent a bit of today creating design files for the latest version of the Hull Pixelbot. This version is going to be laser cut from perspex. This should make it much easier to produce large numbers of robots. Of course I'm not using a CAD package to produce the designs. It's a matter of personal pride that the Hull Pixelbot is entirely a software creation, and the designs are actually built by a Python program.
The 3D printable version of the designs is created by a program running inside the FreeCad drawing program, but for the laser cut version I'm trying something different. I've discovered the ezdxf library that enables you to create dxf files (the ones that can be used to tell the laser cutter what to cut) directly from Python.
So, after a bit of fiddling around I've got the start of the designs for the top and bottom of the robot.