Apparently the missing parking sticker has been sent to my office. So I had to ring up for another one. This was kind of interesting because:
- They knew that they'd sent me one.
- From the look of my office I could have received one and not noticed.
- They probably knew that too.
- Which meant that I was forced to resort to the line "I wonder if someone has taken if out of my pigeon hole" when I was pretty sure that in fact the envelope is under a pile of paper somewhere.
- I know that as soon as I get the replacement the old one will appear as though by magic.
Anyhoo, they were too nice to actually acuse me of such a high level of incompetence, and so my car is now sporting the sticker and properly legal.
As I walked back to the office from my car I noticed a couple of other cars had scrawled notes in their windscreens too. Which cheered me up.