Nerves of steel in the studio.. Thanks to pinksugarface for the picture.
Andy and I did our first day of Windows Phone 7 training today. Fantastic fun with an incredible turnout. We did these silly quizzes where delegates had to answer true/false questions by changing their seat colours and it was amazing to see all the flags switching over to the right answer before our eyes. Folks, you were great.
I gave out the phone number of my Windows Phone 7 device and asked for some jokes via SMS (my “emergency” supply of humour ran out around 45 minutes in….). Got loads of texts in response, I’ve not got time to type them all in, but here is a choice selection:
- What did the blind man say when handed a cheese grater? “That’s the most violent book I’ve ever read”
- Where do you find a no-legged dog? Right where you left him.
- On which side does a tiger have the most stripes? The outside.
- Why do the French only have one egg for breakfast? Because one egg is an oeuf”
- A man is smoking a cigarette and blowing smoke rings in the air. His girlfriend becomes irritated with the smoke and says “Can’t you see the warning label on the box? Smoking is hazardous to your health.” The man replies “I’m a programmer, we don’t worry about warnings, we only worry about errors”.
Great stuff. Normally I have to buy a whole bunch of Christmas crackers to get material of this quality.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are open “office hours” (1:00pm to 4:00 PST) on the course web site. If you are having a play with Windows Phone 7 drop by and say hello.
And remember, you can still sign up for the Thursday sessions here:
July 22 – 8am (PST): Session Three: Advanced Windows Phone Development
July 22 – 1pm (PST): Session Four: Selling Your Windows Phone Solutions & Wrap Up