Ages ago (well, four years) I made a hexabot from a kit. Today I thought I’d get him out with a view of adding some sensors and an ESP32 to make him a bit more autonomous. He was a bit lame. Two of his servos had stopped moving. Fortunately I had some spares and so I set about getting him walking again.
It didn’t go well. I broke a replacement servo finding its mid point and fitted the second one upside down. Twice. I think that a few hours of gardening has destroyed my ability to work with electronics.
However, I think he is now back to his sprightly best. I’ve ordered a camera pan and tilt (around 3.50 with servos) and a distance sensor with pan mechanism (also around 3.50) from AliExpress. Looking forward to them arriving.